All of the information that I share across the multiple luxe|wise social media accounts are the very things that, were I selfish or as some would like to spin it "more business savvy," I would want to keep close to my chest. However, I still choose to let you in to my secret places where I've let ideas live. And I let you in only after those things have been dwelt upon for hours on end, and here's why:
5. Because HOARDING info is the worst. If any of you have ever been under the authority of a person who hoarded information (would wait until the very last minute to only give you vague details), then you probably began to lose respect for/trust in that person even though they believed that what they were doing made them seem powerful. Also, stuffing emotions/ideas/game plans away makes your bones rot. Who wants to keep that bitterness and selfishness all tucked down inside? And me alluding to the fact that "I know so much" and am only going to share with you very little doesn't develop trust and authenticity between you and I now does it?
4. Because for me the excitement high from sharing is better than the actual idea itself (more often than not). When I have lightbulb or "ah-ha" moments, then in turn share those and see that you have the same experience ... man that is just the coolest feeling. It is deeply satisfying for me to know that I got to play a part in helping something click for you. And I will always stand firm on that fact ...
3. Because it is better to give than to receive. (see No. 4)(also it's Biblical, see Acts 20.35)
2. Because it reveals authenticity and builds trust. Sharing my processes and discoveries with you proves that I'm a real person with real struggles figuring out real life problems. I'm not just blowing smoke or fabricating lofty ideas that sound good but have no practicality. I'm not throwing design ideas and hairsyles and makeup looks and outfits in front of you that are unacheivable for the everyday man, er ... WOman! They are approachable. They are doable. They are practical. And they are for you! Because I am for you. Because GOD is for you.
1. Because it is evidence of God's goodness and creativity. It gives Him glory and satisfies my soul. I know that as a business owner (even in the South) saying that I am a Christian, or that I love Jesus, very well may not be good for business. It might not make me popular. It might be offensive to some people. But I hope you know that my heart isn't to offend. I just gotta tell ya that I can't take credit for any of this stuff because it's all His. He plops the ideas into my brain. He made me to be creative. And He made to me to make much of Him. So really, when I share my "secrets" and let you in, it's because I get to share Him with you too while He uses my hands and heart to do His work in other people's lives.